Quantity Surveyor Manager - Züblin
If you are interested in being part of one of Sweden's most technically challenging foundation projects, look no further!
ZÜBLIN offers a comprehensive range of services and develops tailor-made solutions for construction projects of all types and sizes internationally. Züblin Scandinavia AB is a Swedish Company with strong local knowledge. With international colleagues worldwide you are part of a company with fast, needs-based and precise realization of special civil engineering measures.
As a Quantity Surveyor Manager, you will be in charge of following up the costs connected to the Mälar Project (Mälarprojektet), where Züblin has a cooperative agreement with Sjöfartsverket to rebuild Södertälje canal and lock. The project is estimated to last for another three years and you will have other exciting challenges waiting for you within Züblin after that.
You will report directly to the Commercial Project Director and your closest colleagues will be with the others in the commercial department, but of course you will have close cooperation with others departments and with Sjöfartsverket.
Your Future Role
As Quantity Surveyor Manager you will manage and follow up the costs in Mälarprojektet and ensure the budget within the project is fulfilled. You will be a key player in the project and have a lot of contact with different stakeholders. The position includes but are not limited to;
• Assist in the preparation of tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities for main subcontracted work
• Assist in monitoring and controlling costs throughout the project ensuring monthly updates to forecasted cost to completion
• Identify and track any changes / variations to the design or actual work and assist in adjusting forecasted cost projections
• Assist production in the notification, valuation and submittal of contract variations to client
• Assist production in the valuation of completed work, mitigation of variation account and arrange payments with key subcontractors
• Maintain awareness of project contract, AB04, ABT06 and advise / support team on key contractual issues
• Liaise between site managers, project managers, and the client to maintain an updated project variation account
• Maintain and document key contractual correspondence between contractor and client
• A demonstrable track record of preparation and performance of tender analysis, costs and conditions for key subcontract tenders
• Ability to manage change and uncertainty, anticipating problems through good risk management
• Communicate across disciplines, effectively directing work in an organization
• Skilled at cooperating and managing a diverse group of stakeholders within and external to the project
• You are expected to be able to be a strong communicator, fluent in spoken and written English, it is advantageous to possess a proficiency in Swedish and/or German
The Special Thing About This Job
We offer you a challenging role in an international setting. You will be part of a unique project and work for one of Europe’s largest companies within grounding and construction and have real experts as your colleagues. There is a great team spirit within the Project Organization. You will work with goal oriented and engaged colleagues who likes to have fun at work. You will be able to have a good work/life balance with flexible work hours.
If you find this offer interesting you should apply today as we will fill this position as soon as possible! Please apply through the website as we are not able to take applications over e-mail due to GDPR.
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact:
Erik Stoltz +46 (0)70 824 56 66, firstname.lastname@example.org, Recruitment Consultant or,
Karin Lundmark, +46(0)72 727 02 25, Karin.email@example.com, Recruitment Consultant
Talentor Sweden is part of a tightly knit international recruitment network, Talentor International, with presence in 31 countries around the globe. Talentor Sweden focuses on recruiting and executive search, primarily in the industrial, energy, construction, and FMCG sectors. In addition to Sweden, we are especially well connected in China. We mix innovative approaches with tried-and-true, scientifically verified methods to ensure our clients get a perfect match. Talentor Sweden’s search quality and high ethical standards are also certified by HRK, Sweden’s premier Human Resources Consulting body. Since being founded, Talentor Sweden has completed more than 500 searches, both domestic and abroad.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.