Group Senior Accountant
Axxis Geo Solutions (AGS) is a pure-play ocean bottom node seismic company uniquely positioned to pursue both contract and multi-client seismic. AGS specializes on delivering tailored seismic solutions and flexible project management and execution to oil and gas companies world-wide. Its operations ...
AGS is looking to hire a Group Senior Accountant for their Norwegian office, responsible for managing the finance functions of a designated AGS company, and to support finance functions in the other AGS companies.
- Ensure safety and efficiency are considered in all financial decision making
- Ensure that the company’s financial management systems are in place and meet internal and external regulations
- Ensure that financial information is kept confidential
- Responsible that all accounting transactions are in regulations with laws and regulations. Secure correct legal entity, designated vessels/department and project
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information
- Document financial transactions by entering account information
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Liaison with the external auditors
- Approve transactions within designated limits
- Prepare and review prepared balance sheet reconciliations
- Summarise current financial status by collecting information; input to balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising account information
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Maintain the transfer pricing documentation for the companies within the Group
- Maintain the withholding tax document for the Norwegian entities – to be sent to Norwegian tax authorities every year
- Responsible for reporting of VAT, SBB and other
- Approval rights in bank
- Rights in Altinn for the Norwegian entities
- Visma Business accounting system
- Eye-share scanning system
- Dual legder NOK and USD
- Project accounting
- Good Excel skills; specialist/superuser
Education, skills and experience:
- College or University degree in Accounting, Business or other Finance related subject
- Significant experience in the accounting and finance area minimum of 7 years’ experience
- Strong accounting (local accounting standards and IFRS) and taxation knowledge
- Knowledge of global organisations and the impact on financial management
- A good listener and problem solver
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Customer needs focus
- Good English skills both written and verbally
The position reports to Group Chief Accountant.
AGS is located at Lysaker, Strandveien 50.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please don’t hesitate to contact Anders Kihle, Capus, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +4797767816.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.