Business Development Head
Our client is looking for someone with deep insight into the medical technology industry and the ability to turn that insight into compelling commercial relationships with both major multi nationals and start-ups around Asia. Our client has an established Medtech Business in the region and now needs ...
We are looking for a
Head of Business DevelopmentThese are exciting times for our medical technology division, which has grown by 250% in five years. Our client has a world-leading reputation for designing disruptive technology to revolutionize diagnosis and treatment. They are building business in their areas of strength drug delivery, diagnostics, medical devices and digital health platforms.
They are looking for someone who can combine technical, commercial and strategic skills to find new clients and develop senior-level relationships with existing ones. You’ll need to have the ability to translate complex technical solutions for the benefit of non-technical commercial buyers. The client provides support from its talented, multi-disciplinary teams spanning everything from Ai & machine learning, life sciences, synthetic biology and engineering to market research, product design and process automation.
Expect the interaction with their team to be dynamic and fulfilling. You’ll be contributing to projects that are transforming global healthcare and having a positive impact on real people’s lives; This role is Singapore based but requires regular international travel as you support our business across east Asia.
If you have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, a bachelor’s degree in the life sciences, Physical sciences or relevant engineering discipline and feel you fit the role described above, we look forward to hearing from you.
JOB DESCRIPTION:You will take a leading role within our Asian business team, focused on the broad Medtech capability. You will close significant personal sales, define marketing strategy, initiate and develop new clients, manage key clients and negotiate contracts. As well as the market-facing aspect of the role, you will take commercial responsibility for the delivery of successful innovative projects to our clients and be working alongside world-class project managers and technical leads.
We combine highly creative lateral thinking with excellent technical skills and a broad base of industry experience to form a powerful development team. Our work ranges from undertaking complete product developments from concept to manufacture, to providing consulting services for our clients on their technology, innovation and R&D processes.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:You will be responsible for business development in key markets in Asia (mainly Singapore, Taiwan, Korea and Australia, but possibly including other countries in SE Asia) in the Medtech sector, working alongside other business development, project management and technical staff globally.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify companies that are potential clients.
- Communicate and build awareness for potential clients.
- Identify sales opportunities, work with and guide our technical teams to maximize sales conversion.
- Work closely with the Global Medtech team (based in the UK) and the regional general manager (based in Singapore) to identify and prioritise opportunities.
- Personally close substantial sales.
- Develop strong commercial relationships with senior executives in client and potential client companies to enable further sales opportunities.
- Actively utilize market information to guide the technical team, inform strategy and internal investments.
- Liaise with the team and recommend marketing activities in your specific area – this includes PR, Social Media and events.
- Interact with teams across the diverse market and technical areas, especially with our UK- based HQ.
- Understand the importance of customer insight and the impact that has on technical solutions.
- Build long term relationships with clients, and perform account management activities.
Your background skills will help you to make a significant contribution to the overall direction of development projects and to have in-depth conversations with clients. You will be working across multiple new client relationships, existing projects, and marketing activities concurrently.
This position will be based in our Singapore office, reporting to the Regional General Manager (Asia); however, there will be regular international travel.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTSTo meet the demanding requirements of this role you will be able to provide the following:
- Successful track record of developing business and senior account relationships in Asia ideally for Western companies
- Experience of complex, high-value, technical sales/business development
- In-depth market knowledge Medtech market areas
- Experience of taking products through the full development cycle is highly desirable
- Experience of successfully working in a professional services environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-starting nature given that extensive work will be undertaken solo
- Excellent analytical, oral/written communications skills in English, problem resolution, and decisionmaking skills.
- A passion for creating technical innovation in the Medtech industry.
- Both a technical and commercial mindset with at least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline or in the physical sciences.
- A strong team working approach and the ability to interact.
- Ideally, you will have language skills in at least one relevant Asian language
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.