Our partner is a global product leader in clean and efficient technology solutions for combustion, hybrid and electric vehicles. With facilities in 67 locations in 19 countries, the company employs approximately 30,000 worldwide.
We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious Engineer to lead the software testing activities in the software department to achieve high-quality standards in the development of new products. You will solve and coordinate all necessary technical issues during the development of the product within our company and towards the customer. You will work and grow in a new electronics group, building a promising global technical centre who will support projects and divisions all over the world. Laboratory facilities are available in the workspace. Proximity to a production plant, so that the result of the work can be seen directly. Multicultural interaction within our technical centres located in Germany, China, Ireland and the US. Direct contact with the customer and suppliers. Software, Hardware, Integration and Mechanical Design departments work and interact very often in a multilocation environment (Portugal, Ireland, Spain, Germany).
Team ManagerThe job needs relocation to VIGO, SPAIN
YOUR FUTURE ROLE
- The Test Manager must appropriately arrange the test processes, including the associated activities and work products, according to the needs and circumstances of the software development lifecycle in which testing occurs, and their work products (e.g., requirements specifications)
- Leading software test activities within the software area.
- Planning and management of the software tester pool across projects.
- Supervise the performance of the software test tasks of the software life cycle.
- Designing and executing software test plan relates to all level of software testing in the V model (unit testing, integration testing, and qualification testing)
- Last responsible for the software test work products
- Applying the appropriate test measurements and metrics in the product and the Testing Team
- Document results and communicate to project manager, software developers, & project stakeholders
- Identify project risks and make recommendations to minimize risk
- Identify work packages to be outsourced.
- Manage the suppliers to meet project planning and deliverable quality.
- Leading software test automation activities.
- Represent the testing activity in any Quality/Testing internal/external Audits.
- Ensure the quality of the final product and Test/Requirement coverage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering or similar. M.S. preferred
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in the automotive industry
- ISTQB Certified advance level Test Manager
- Proven experience in deploying and managing software test activities in the Automotive SPICE projects.
- Proven experience in deploying and managing software test activities in the ISO 26262 Road vehicles Functional Safety projects.
- Experience in the management of teams within the Organization
- Knowledge of CAN/CAN-FD & LIN Bus vehicle communications
- Knowledge of Git and version control
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
- English language (daily use).
- Embedded Programming using C
- CAPL Scripting
- Dynamic testing: Tessy (or similar) CANoe
- Static testing: PRQA QAC (or similar)
- Polarion (or similar)
- UML (Unified Modeling Language)
- SVN, PVCS (Source Version Control)
- Doxygen (Document Generation)
- Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.