Senior Python Engineer
Our client is an IT Services & Solutions company providing comprehensive, bespoke solutions with specialities in cutting edge technologies across DevOps Architecture, Cloud, Agile and Automation. They are a wholly-Irish-owned company of over 200 employees and growing, with a proven record of successfully delivering solutions across telecoms, banking, autonomous vehicles, AI and more.
They are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their new team at a senior capacity, as part of an expanding global-scale innovation project, creating automation services to speed up R&D work for over 40k developers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Design, develop, and unit-test services, in accordance with established standards.
- Design and maintain network related automation services.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical expertise to teammates through coaching and mentoring.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits. Perform strong and constructive code reviews.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts, software architects and customer stakeholders to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain automation services.
- Assist Technical Product Manager in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates, work plans and backlog prioritization.
- Assist Technical Writer in the preparation of reports, manuals and other documentation
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Present teams achievements in sprint demos between teams of the same organization.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Keep up to date with the market trends, making sure your team is on good shape, while customer benefits from the continuous learnings.
- Fluent at senior level in Python and one of the following languages: Java or Kotlin
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software development.
- 4+ years of experience working in Agile SW development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Some knowledge of network with focus on Python scripting to configure and control IT infrastructure
- Proficient in Linux.
- Product development knowledge and product life cycle management knowledge
- Proficiency in test automation and passion for TDD
- Git / Gerrit based development flow
- Understand the need and come up with a solution and plan to implement it.
- DevOps practices: Continuous Integration + Continuous Deployment, Jenkins
- Passion for Container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Preferably OSS, cloud and virtualization domain experience
- Architectural skills, enterprise design pattern skills
- Basic knowledge of networking areas (network transmission, switching/routing, MPLS and infrastructure)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Fully remote start working from home during COVID-19
- Market leading Pension Package
- Comprehensive Relocation Assistance
- Health & Life Insurance
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Flexible working-from-home policy
- Learning and development opportunities
- Innovative and challenging work culture
- Fantastic central location
We are looking forward to receiving your application over the application-dashboard. Our responsible consultant will contact you immediately after receipt.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.