Grant Manager (f/m/x)
Our client is a renowned Austrian research institute based in Vienna’s city centre with more than hundred associates from more than 30 nations. Additionally to the core funding, the scientific projects can be carried out due to external grants.
To ensure flawless administration processes and to maintain and further develop its high-quality basic research, our client is as of now looking for an experienced and dedicated:
Grant Manager (f/m/x)
In this position you will manage the overall grant efforts in order to guarantee for an effective and efficient grant process by planning and implementing grant programs from its application to approval and utilization. In particular you will be responsible for administering the grants for the scientific group leaders. You will act as an interface between the involved departments (e.g. accounting or HR) internally and externally always in close contact with the scientific group leaders.
YOUR FUTURE ROLE
- Managing and supporting the grants requirement and implementation for the organization: Financial planning of the grant for the project application (in coordination with the scientifical applicant of the project, grant offering institution and in some cases with the project coordinator)
- Monitoring the spending of the grant budget in coordination with accounting and scientifical project applicant
- Preparation of the monthly budget overview regarding the grants (expenditures for personnel and consumables, calculation of estimated future costs, calculation of remaining budget)
- Cooperation with controlling regarding budget planning - analyze
- Regular retrieval of FWF money from the institution to the employer’s bank account
- Communication with ÖAW, FWF, EU, with the grant offering institution and in some cases with project partners
- Administration assistance to the scientifical project owner (collection and revision of timesheets, collection of scientifical written report, revision of the existent contracts)
- Preparation of the yearly financial report (FWF, EU and other organizations) and documents for Audits.
- Working with H2020 preparation of data sheets and calculating of personal costs in case of an Audit, support to the auditors and disclosure of certain documents (invoices, travel costs, payment slips)
- Responsible for the final approval of the required financial statements for all closing periods
- Provide detailed reports with respect to the organization’s progress to the funders and lists for ÖAW, Controlling, Year End Report
- Calculation of the project overheads for the quarterly financial closing and the year end financial closing
- Update on new information concerning grant guidelines
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
- Certificate in education with relevance for position; of advantage: university degree in commerce or a similar qualification
- 3 years of relevant work experience – proven know how in accounting or controlling is an asset
- Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative projects
- High ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
- Excellent organizational skills as well as presentations skills
- Strong command over written and verbal communication including excellent interpersonal skills
- High reliability and confidentiality
- Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues as well as a high level of numeracy
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and sensitivity for diversity
- Excellent English and German language skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft office software (on Windows operating system) and Excel in particular
- Multi-tasker with strong ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail
- Driven by the grant management role and the successful and individual interaction with the scientific group leaders
OUR CLIENT OFFERS
- A long-term position in a dynamic international environment
- On-campus Child Care Center
- A modern workplace with excellent accessibility by public transport
- On-site cafeteria
The annual gross salary (FTE) for this position ranges around € 50.000 - the willingness to overpay according to your qualifications and relevant job experience if of course given. Attractive benefits such as pension provision, campus childcare center, subsidized cafeteria, training and further education fees are also offered.
Are you interested? We are already looking forward to receiving your online application (CV & cover letter in English) towards our application-dashboard. Our responsible consultant, Mag. Birgit Wandrak (firstname.lastname@example.org), will contact you after the receipt of your application.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.