Senior Cloud Database Engineer
Our client's project is one of the world's most comprehensive sources for petroleum pricing and news information. IT provides real-time and historical spot, wholesale/rack and retail fuel prices for the refined products, renewable fuels, and natural gas and gas liquids (LPG) industries. At its core, it uses a set of complex IT systems and tools, handling huge amounts of data in a reliable way, and providing customers with business applications to use this data as efficient as possible.
Our client is looking for a Senior Database Developer that will design, develop and maintain database architecture and code initiatives supporting internal and third party software solutions, delivering excellent products in scope and on time, and meeting current and long-term business needs for the business area. Research and evaluate new ways to improve our data architecture by leveraging AWS Cloud infrastructure.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work closely with project teams, bringing together development and database leads
- Collaborate with technical and functional partners to build new data solutions that transform raw data into critical data and insights
- Analyze business application requirements, identify concerns and develop action plans
- Architect new databases and data analysis systems in order to deliver scalable, highly available, maintainable, cross-region solutions primarily using AWS Cloud technologies
- Conduct SQL Code Reviews, approve deployment documents adhering to the best quality standards
- Train and mentor other DB developers
- Be part of an Agile team, using company’s latest software development life-cycle working closely with team members from Romania and US
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years hands on enterprise level database design development experience including web and mobile applications, APIs, data warehousing, data marts and data lakes
- Acted as a team lead on past projects, spearheading architecture and code initiatives in projects
- Designed and developed modern, scalable, maintainable, high-quality databases & data services
- Designed and developed data solutions that utilize cloud-based technologies and platforms (PaaS, DBaaS – AWS preferably)
- Worked with multi region databases, cloud database backup and transaction recovery techniques, containerized databases
- NoSQL databases experience with strong knowledge of ETL & Data Management Tools
- Strong knowledge of TSQL PgSQL coding, stored procedures, views, troubleshooting & debugging
- Developing environment specifications, benchmarking performance scenarios, and monitoring environments
- Creation of technical documentation and training material.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Data Science/Data Analysis/BI (ML, Python, Apache Spark, PowerBI, Tableau):
- Experience being part of a continuous integration and deployment process
- Experience using database monitoring tools (like tools from SolarWinds or RedGate)
- Knowledge of SDLC, Agile methodology and/or SCRUM
- Experience working with scripts under source control (TFS, git, svn)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Flexible Working Hours
- Work from home (full remote during COVID-19)
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- New and modern office, easy to access (M Aurel Vlaicu), spacious desks, latest technologies/equipment
We are looking forward to receiving your application over the application-dashboard. Our responsible consultant will contact you immediately after receipt.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.