Lead Technical Architect
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global, and has assets worth more than 10,000 billion kroner, or about $1.1 trillion. The fund is invested in international equity and fixed-income markets and real estate. As manager of one of the world's largest funds we have developed ...
Norges Bank Investment Management, is responsible for the Government Pension Fund Global (Oljefondet). We are seeking a dedicated and results-orientated Lead Technical Architect to join the Technology and Support department. Technology and Support is part of Operations and has responsibility for the technology platform and support of systems and data processes. The main objective of the role is to establish and evolve a common technology strategy and ensure that teams and initiatives are aligned with such direction and principles.
As the successful applicant you will set and evolve the strategy and direction for our technology platform in collaboration with all parts of the organisation. You should be able communicate, document, and explain complex technical concepts at all levels, and gather and digest input from all parts of the organization, our providers, and relevant external communities.
We need you to coach and guide initiatives to align with the strategy and host architecture fora to foster and mould the technical architecture. The pillars of the strategy focus on cloud, IT security, automation, and cost transparency. The technical environment shall allow for experimentation and innovation, while remaining reliable, robust and secure.
Working closely with the Lead Solution Architect to build and support a community of architects. If you are motivated by this challenge, eager to learn new technologies and help to develop our future ways of working with cloud native services, this is this the right position for you.
The position is located in Oslo and will report to the Global Head of Technology and Support. Some travel will be required.
You will be working on the following tasks:
- Establishing and evolving a technology roadmap and principles supporting the overall strategy and business needs for the organisation
- Inspiring developers across the organisation to experiment and build innovative solutions by taking advantage of the technology architecture
- Seeking insight into the needs of the organisation translated into technology and work proactively to align initiatives with technology
- Hosting relevant fora, facilitating and anchoring major technology decisions, introducing new ideas and concepts
- Incorporate IT security principles as core components of the technical architecture, including controls according to and in proportion to risks
- Proactive and curious on market developments within technology both short and long term
We are looking for a candidate with one or more of the following qualifications:
- Strong leadership ability, not afraid to set direction and inspire the organisation to follow
- Conscious approach to how the architecture role develops with adoption of agile methodology
- Experience at navigating across a matrix organisation and interacting with users across the organisation globally.
- Ability to create enthusiasm around technology and where it is heading
- Involves, challenges and learns from collaboration with service providers and external communities
- Experience from financial industry is beneficial, but not required.
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Ambition to excel and a high level of integrity
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with strong proficiency in written and spoken English
Norges Bank Investment Management offers a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Our core values of excellence, innovation, integrity and team spirit underpin our culture and how we operate across all our offices. We collaborate and share information within our organisation which consists of 38 nationalities. English as our common working language. Our organisation is grounded in trust, high ethical standards, a flat hierarchy and diversity. We aim to increase the share of women to exceed or match the industry average across all functions.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
- Competitive base salary offered
- Comprehensive Insurance Plan
- Home and Consumer Loan
- Inhouse Gym
- Access to holiday facilities in Norway and aboard
- Support to take necessary courses and certifications to keep up with the technology.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.