Digital Software Manager
Your team consists of highly skilled software developers with a broad competence and high innovation pace developing global software the next generation of Digital services for TOMRA reverse vending machines. We know we still have a long way to go becoming lean and expect you to have an agile mindset and act as an agile ambassador in our process of transforming our organization using your excellent communication and collaboration skills.
You will be part of the Software Management team together with other software managers, Team Leads and Product owners.
Main strategic responsibilities:
- Ensure suitable competence for current and future activities in the department
- Ensure suitable software architecture for current and future digital solutions
- Contribute to definition of Collection Solutions’ technology strategy
- Propose research activities and feasibility studies
Main operational responsibilities:
- Lead and ensure your team are focusing on the prioritized tasks and together with Product Owner ensure task backlogs are continuously kept in prioritized order.
- Facilitate and support team in product maintenance through effective and transparent user feedback channels and ensure product lifecycle responsibility are anchored in teams.
- Facilitate high team performance and engaged team members through support and usage of the right tools, technologies, practices and methods.
- Continuously work for an improved way of doing things to maintain team motivation, deliver state of the art products, improve cost and competitiveness.
- Encourage and support team members to continuously develop skills and as individuals and guide them.
- Continuously monitor and secure required development capacity and competence is available for the team through recruitment and good maintained relationships to consultant networks, when required.
- Extensive experience in software architecture and agile development
- Experience in people management
- MSc, BSc, or similar in Software related studies. Relevant work experience may compensate for lack of formal education
- Strong communication-, motivation- and team building skills
- Good relationship builder – having people skills
- Trustworthy, self-driven and outgoing
- Customer focus and Future orientation
- Fluent oral and written English and Norwegian
- Professional challenges within a growing, market-leading technology company.
- A meaningful workplace, reducing littering globally.
- Great opportunities for professional development and competence building through participation in relevant training courses and seminars.
- A Great Place to Work: TOMRA was recently named the fifth best place to work in Norway in 2018. This is the third consecutive time TOMRA has ranked in the top 10 for Great Place to Work.
- Convenient location in Asker – close to Oslo, Drammen and Sandvika.
- Excellent facilities with modern gym, free parking and our own healthy and varied lunch restaurant.
Get to know Tomra:
For more information about Tomra, look at some of the articles about us:
- Get to know our latest product release, the R1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiNoHgQUsgg&list=PL7A818937C801C315&index=13&t=0s
- Introducing a deposit scheme in Australia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyhPvsrVvVA
- What is clean loop recycling?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIYQ5BG26c
For further information, please contact Kristian Lennertzen, partner in Capus, phone: +47 916 16 073 or Kristian Rizi, Research Analyst in Capus, phone: +47 958 12 625. Please use the URL “Søk her” to apply for this position.
Application deadline: As soon as possible, candidates will be evaluated continuously.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.