As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
Operates Web.DE and GMX, two of Germany's largest Internet portals, as well as an Internet portal catering to an international audience. Through these brands, we are able to reach over 39 million users monthly, hosting 55% of Germany’s email accounts.
In addition to a large editorial news section and Germany's by far most popular free e-mail service, 1&1 Mail & Media offers paid subscriptions to a variety of internet-based services, such as paid e-mail accounts, virus protection software or web hosting services. In Romania, we are developing applications related to calendaring (we manage an open-source Calendar engine), document editing (where we integrate Libre Office Online, an open source project to which we also contribute), messaging and web hosting.
About the products:
The Free Products team is responsible for several products in the GMX (de, com) / web.de / mail.com ecosystems:
- Online Office (Editor and Viewer)
- Mail Support Tool
We are currently searching for a colleague to help us further develop the great products above.
- Implement new features based on requirements received from the Product Owner
- Assume ownership of the whole development lifecycle of artifacts
- Focus on code quality, security and scalability
- Participate in the products architecture when needed
- Closely collaborate with the other team members and stakeholders, but also with colleagues responsible with other products in order to achieve a high level of integration between systems
- Work in an agile environment organized according to the SCRUMBAN (SCRUM + KANBAN) process
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- Very good Java knowledge
- Excellent understanding of and experience with REST Services
- Strong experience with web applications and frameworks like Spring-boot, SpringMVC, Hibernate
- Experience with GitLab, Junit, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Very good command of the English language
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.