Field Sales Engineer
Our partner is driving and leading the next generation networks with Network Cloud solution. Their company was founded to solve the “data explosion challenge” - one of the biggest challenges for service providers, content providers, public cloud and enterprises. Their cutting-edge technology and Network Cloud solution have created a paradigm shift in the economy of networks. With smart and super high-performance bit processing on merchant silicon and commodity hardware, they enable new revenue opportunities as well as lower costs and sustainable growth for their customers, even as Internet usage explodes.
Overall Objective of Role
We are looking for a professional, hands-on Network Engineer, with focus on large CSP and MSO IP networks to join our Technical Pre-Sales Team. In this role, you will be performing Proof of Concept in customer premises, lab setup, troubleshooting, and proving the Network Cloud solutions to the largest Tier-1 customers, mainly in the European market.
You will be working with cutting-edge technologies in a dynamic, fast moving startup environment.
This is a remote position which requires physical presence at customer’s site, willing to travel up to 50% of the time in peak times. The ideal candidate has worked with major CSP accounts and can manage large scale projects. This individual is highly motivated, technology-savvy, and enjoys being hands-on.
• Plan, set up, and perform complex POC’s for Tier-1 CSP and MSO at customer’s sites;
• Write and review POC test plans with customers and set results expectations;
• Send the customer testing status, tracking and results detail reports;
• Work with innovative technologies and solve complex issues with the product and R&D teams;
• Revolutionize the networking industry by advocating for a disruptive technology that is leading the way;
• Be an ambassador and maintain customer satisfaction.
• 5-7 years in a Support/Sales/Systems Engineering capacity, preferably with a Network vendor;
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Technical field or combination of experience and industry;
• Certifications required;
• Practical knowledge and hands-on ability with large scale networks of communication service providers;
• Willingness to travel at least 50% of the time (within the EU);
• Great organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities;
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written (this is a costumer-facing role);
• Strong understanding/experience with Cisco or Juniper networking technology;
• CCIE/JNCIE level or equivalents hands-on experience;
• French speaker - advanced.
To be successful in this role you should be familiar and experienced with SP Networking:
• Deep knowledge and understanding of carrier routing protocol stack, such as OSPF, IS-IS, BGP. etc.;
• Deep knowledge and understanding of carrier network protocol stack, such as MPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, RSVP, RSVP-TE, SR, SR-TE, etc.;
• Lab setup and solving on-site network issues, writing test plans and track results and status;
• Site surveys (deployment challenges, power planning, cooling planning, Wide Area Networking);
• Linux knowledge, experience is a plus.
With our client is offering:
- Competitive remuneration and undetermined work contract;
- Training budget/year;
- Sick days (2 days/year);
- 2 extra leave days when employee has reached a period of 3 years in company;
- International projects and professional growth in a technology environment;
- Flexible and professional working environment;
- Central location (close to metro station Universitate);
- Medical subscription (Medlife/Regina Maria);
- Sports and relaxations facilities;
- Access to Pluralsight training platform.
We are looking forward to receiving your application (English CV) over the application-dashboard. Our responsible consultant will contact you immediately after receipt.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.