Customer Support Network Engineer
Overall Objective of Role The Tier 2 Support Engineer will be primarily responsible with researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to solve customers’ network and product related issues. This position requires a high degree of independence, ability to work under pressure, response to customer inquiries and assistance in troubleshooting and solving challenges on a 24/7 basis. Also, the Tier 2 Support Engineer needs to show the ability to ask customers targeted questions in order to quickly understand the root of the problem and to prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
• Manages Customer Support cases and activities;
• Troubleshoots and analyzes customers network and product related issues;
• Takes ownership of customer issues reported and sees problems through to resolution;
• Attends in-person meetings with customers to analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose ongoing issues;
• Provides work-around for network outage issues;
• Provides prompt and accurate feedback to customers;
• Follows standard procedures for proper escalation of outstanding issues to the appropriate internal teams;
• Refers to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions;
• Helps develop and implement ongoing processes and procedures;
• Keeps up-to-date with latest trends in technology and management and integration of those technologies;
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Technical field or combination of experience and industry certifications required;
• 3-5+ years of experience as Network Support Engineer;
• Strong IP Networking experience: o WAN/ISP experience preferred;
• Strong understanding/experience with either Cisco or Juniper networking technology;
• Experience working within an Enterprise-level environment (ISP preferred);
• Familiarity with various forms of site to site connectivity (point to point, VPN, MPLS, etc.);
• At least 4 years of experience working with complex, high performance networks with many sites (data centers and/or branch locations);
• High Level knowledge of Cisco IOS/XR and/or Juniper JunOS;
• Very good knowledge of routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, MSDP, IGMP and PIM;
• CCNP Routing & Switching certified or Juniper JNCIP (preferred).
With our client is offering:
- Competitive remuneration and undetermined work contract;
- Training budget/year;
- Sick days (2 days/year);
- 2 extra leave days when employee has reached a period of 3 years in company;
- International projects and professional growth in a technology environment;
- Flexible and professional working environment;
- Central location (close to metro station Universitate);
- Medical subscription (Medlife/Regina Maria);
- Sports and relaxations facilities;
- Access to Pluralsight training platform.
We are looking forward to receiving your application (English CV) over the application-dashboard. Our responsible consultant will contact you immediately after receipt.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.