Lead Java Software Engineer
Pricing, Valuations and Reference Data (PVR) products and services offer a unique combination of content and industry expertise with cutting edge innovation and flawless technology. Solutions offer insight and analysis to enable our clients to make timely and efficient decisions, effectively manage risk & transform their operational processes.
The PVR technology team is looking for an architecturally minded Team Lead to join their growing Bucharest team.
In this Team Lead role, you will be responsible for architectural decisions and delivery management for the Totem application, providing the major market makers in OTC derivatives with definitive consensus market prices. More than 50 of the global leading banks, trading houses and other investment professionals use the Totem service as the key independent check of their trading book valuations.
To deliver high quality solutions to our clients, you will collaborate with a global team of technologists, Business Analysts and Business Stakeholders.
In addition to direct responsibility for the Totem technology team, we are looking for someone to provide leadership for the broader PVR team in Bucharest, developing the team culture and representing it within the local office community.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Develop new functionality and pricing services on the Totem platform
- Develop solutions for identified internal and or external business challenges
- Provide technical leadership and be accountable for the team delivery:
- Functional accuracy, timeliness, and in particular quality assurance
- Provide technical support to Totem Analysts
- Provide periodic “on call” support for key processing periods (e.g. month-end)
- ~3 days/evenings per month
- Set and grow the culture of the team
- Provide mentorship and support for team members
- Provide an environment for continuous growth and development for the team
- Provide indirect leadership for entire PVR team in Bucharest across
- Product Development
- Quantitative Analytics
- Good degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field from a top-tier institution
- At least 8 years of experience in Java environment
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Excellent communicator both written and verbally
- Also, useful: Experience of AWS or Oracle databases
What we offer
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- New and modern office, easy to access (M Aurel Vlaicu), spacious desks, latest technologies/equipment
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.