Group Compliance Officer
AK Jensen Group Limited and its subsidiaries, established in 1995, is owned by shareholders, who, combined, have more than US$18 billion in assets under management. The group serves hedge fund and institutional clients in 35 countries around the world.All companies in the group serve AK Jensen's flagship ...
AKJ is growing fast and is now looking for a Group Compliance Officer, an exciting and diverse compliance role in the heart of the brokerage and fund industry. The Group Compliance Officer will be responsible for compliance in our newly licensed Norwegian entity, AK Jensen Norway AS (MiFID) and UK sister companies, AK Jensen Limited (MiFID/AIFM) and AK Jensen Investment Management Ltd (AIFM).
About the role
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all compliance aspects relevant to the firm are implemented within the firm and its FCA regulated sister companies based in the UK.
- You will support all applicable teams who are affected by new regulatory legislation by advising and helping with the drafting of procedures and policies as applicable.
- You will develop regular monitoring procedures and practices to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal systems of control and measures implemented by the firm.
- You will maintain compliance registers as required by statutory and regulatory requirements.
- You will hold the MLRO role within AK Jensen Norway AS and will be responsible for ensuring that the firms’ AML policies and procedures are adhered to.
- You will support the MLRO of the two UK regulated entities.
- Any other duties expected from a Compliance Officer/MLRO as allocated from senior management within AK Jensen Norway AS.
- University degree in Finance/Law or other relevant field.
- 8+ years’ experience working in compliance or similar within a MiFID financial institution (“verdipapirforetak”) or a legal/consultancy firm.
- Knowledge of MiFID is a pre-requisite.
- AML knowledge is a necessity.
- You will need to be proactive and be able to work autonomously.
- Excellent oral/written English skills and good understanding of Norwegian is a pre-requisite.
- Knowledge of AIFMD is an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
If you have questions related to the position, you are welcome to contact Partner Johannes Westersø in Capus on 95 17 91 69 or adviser Anders Kihle on 97 76 78 16. To be considered for the position, you must apply via the link “Søk her”. You must then fill in a short form with personal details, as well as upload the application and CV.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.