Manager Digital Software
TOMRA is leading the resource revolution - are you their new Digital Software Manager?
As Manager Digital Software you will be responsible for our digital product line with a world-wide, considerable adoption, and with high quality demands. You will provide good alignment and transparency of goals and high-level priorities and work together with our commercial Product Owners in point out the directions for the different products
Your department consists of highly skilled software developers organized in cross-functional teams. All teams have extensive/broad competence and high innovation pace as they are developing global software for the next generation of Digital services for TOMRA reverse vending machines.
On top of your agenda is ensuring a thriving and trusting environment where your teams can work efficiently, with a sustainable workload, and have motivating and inspiring day-to-day work at Tomra.
We are well underway on our Agile journey, though we recognize there is still a way to go reaching our full agile and lean potential. We seek a person/thus you are a person with an extensive agile mindset who will act as an agile ambassador in our further digital transformation process.
You will be part of the Software Management team together with other software managers, Team Leads and Product owners.
Main strategic responsibilities:
- Ensure the digital products are developed according to goals and strategy and maintain a focus progression.
- Ensure suitable software architecture and technology stack for current and future digital solutions
- Ensure the department holds the right competence for current and future activities and plan for and conduct recruitment and sourcing strategies
- Contribute to definition of Collection Solutions’ technology strategy and set departmental goals accordingly
- Make room for innovation, propose research activities and feasibility studies
- Promote an agile mindset, and agile ways of working
Main operational responsibilities:
- Set clear direction and goals/objectives and support the teams and product owners in prioritizing, maintaining focus and keeping “healthy” and ordered backlogs.
- Provide adequate time/capacity/ space/understanding in teams for lifelong product maintenance and responsibility ensuring a healthy and manageable code base
- Make sure the teams have effective and transparent feedback loops with partners, vendors and end users
- Coach the teams on continuously improving processes and ways of working, helping them in keeping a motivating, positive and trusting spirit.
- Facilitate high team performance and engaged team members through support and usage of the right tools, technologies, practices and methods for an improved way of doing things to maintain team motivation, deliver state of the art products, improve cost and competitiveness.
- Encourage and support team members to continuously develop skills and as individuals and guide them.
- Continuously monitor and secure required development capacity and competence is available for the team through recruitment and good maintained relationships to consultant networks, when required.
- Extensive experience in software architecture and agile development
- Experience in people management
- MSc, BSc, or similar in Software related studies. Relevant work experience may compensate for lack of formal education
- Strong communication-, motivation- coaching and team building skills
- Good relationship builder – having people skills
- Trustworthy, self-driven and outgoing
- Customer focus and Future orientation
- Fluent oral and written English and Norwegian
Get to know TOMRA:
For more information about TOMRA, look at some of the articles about us:
- Get to know our latest product release, the R1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiNoHgQUsgg&list=PL7A818937C801C315&index=13&t=0s
- Introducing a deposit scheme in Australia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyhPvsrVvVA
- What is clean loop recycling?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIYQ5BG26c
Only 2-4% of the beverage containers consumed worldwide are collected for close loop recycling. TOMRA has a tremendous opportunity to ensure that we keep even more bottles and cans out of our oceans, landfills, and streets. TOMRA Collection Solutions' state-of-the-art technology reduces material contamination and downcycling, and enables people to track the positive impact of their recycling efforts- empowering more people to get involved in creating a “clean loop” movement in the growing circular economy.
Join our team at the headquarter in Asker to create a more sustainable future.
Application deadline: Tuesday 7th of September
For further information, please contact Kristian Lennertzen, partner in Capus, phone: +47 916 16 073 or Nathalie Smulders, Partner in Capus, phone: +47 470 83 841. Please use the URL “Søk her” to apply for this position.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.