Sr SQA Engineer
We are seeking experienced testing professionals to join our client's Integrated Reporting QA team. This position will involve hands-on test build /execution role in the financial domain. It is a highly technical position and will require strong knowledge of JAVA, Cucumber and other automated testing tools and technologies.
A good understanding of BDD and a financial services background is preferable as the individual will liaise with technology leads, development teams, Business Analysts, Product Development, Product Managers, Operations/Evaluators and application support teams.
- Work closely with product team to understand the requirements from business perspective
- Coordinate with Product and QA teams to ensure the specifications are implemented in Gherkin format to expediate implementation in the BDD automation framework
- Design and write maintainable automated feature scripts using Java, Cucumber/Gherkin. Review the code quality/coverage using industry standard tools e.g. Sonar
- Execute/run test cases, review test results and report defects.
- Coordinate with Product and Development teams on requirement gaps and resolution of issues.
- Coordination with Performance test team to provide the necessary functional details
- Experience of Investment Banking and Financial Products including the Trade Lifecycle is highly desirable.
- Understanding of FPML schema, XML messaging/MQ’s would also be beneficial.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of Java implementations of automated solutions
- Experience of tools & frameworks including TestNG, Selenium
- Strong experience with BDD and cucumber
- Experience with CI/CD and pipeline integration
- Should be aware of latest technology trends and their relevance in seeking out technical solutions
- Good understanding of relational databases, SQL, stored procedures and other data manipulation technologies.
- Understanding of FPML schema designing, XML messaging/MQ’s
- Knowledge of defect management tools e.g. JIRA
- Experience with AWS technologies is highly desirable.
Education and experience
- University Graduate with a Computer Science or an Engineering degree.
- Strong Background in Testing Methodology
- 4-8 Years in a structured testing organization.
- Good exposure of working in agile environment and geographically distributed teams.
- In-depth knowledge of OTC Derivatives, Trades lifecycle, Regulatory/Compliance, Front - end trade booking applications.
- Understanding of BDD test framework is a plus.
- A self- starter who balances personal initiative with team initiatives
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities and requirements
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely on all levels (team, management and customers)
We are looking forward to receiving your application over the application-dashboard. Our responsible consultant will contact you immediately after receipt.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.