Director of Finance - MilDef Group AB
MilDef Group, a company listed on the main market Nasdaq Stockholm, serves a global market with tactical IT made to perform in the toughest conditions. Our ambition is to be an innovative and flexible player in the defense industry, with a combination of high-performance products, outstanding customer service, extensive experience across many engineering disciplines, and a corporate spirit based on honesty and integrity. The company was started in 1997, with its headquarters in Helsingborg, Sweden. We also have offices in USA, UK, and Norway. See www.mildef.com for more information.
Your future roleMilDef Group is seeking a talented, innovative, passionate, and accurate Director of Finance. As a Director of Finance at MilDef, you lead and are responsible for the MilDef Group's operations within the finance area. You have an overall responsibility for operational issues within the area and an absolute key player within the Group´s Finance department. For the time being – this position will manage a team of five people, of which three are direct reports. You report directly to the Group CFO.
The role will be instrumental to manage and further develop the financial area and its organization to world class and serve as a trusted strategic business partner to the management team, other leaders across the MilDef Group and to the Group CFO. The position is highly autonomous in the decision-making within the Finance area.
The role will be expected to impact quickly and develop as the business grows. We are looking for someone who can make a tangible positive impact to transform and add value. We also want an active contributor in the strategic decisions, thinking in a mid-long-term perspective while at the same time driving the short-term operational tasks.
Working with MilDef means being part of a great company that has a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Lead the Finance team and the operational work within the area
- Supervise the preparation and distribution of periodic financial statements
- Gives guidance to leaders within the Group to attain their objectives
- Analysing and quality securing of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements
- Managing and develop processes around internal control within the finance area
- Supervise the preparation and distribution of monthly forecasts and yearly budgets
- Managing internal and external financial audits within the Group
- Contribute to the M&A activities within the MilDef Group
- Responsible for the yearly tax returns and other major tax related issues
- Implement and improve internal processes within the finance area
Your profileWe are looking for a high potential / top performing individual that is commercially oriented, highly analytical and with solid leadership skills. The ideal candidate has proven success from working in the audit industry and/or in a company listed on Nasdaq main market. Th following list describes competence and experience that is relevant and necessary to succeed in the role.
- University degree within Finance
- 5-8 years’ work experience from similar positions or from an audit firm
- Excellent proven leadership skills and interest in people
- Great understanding of finance and financial management, including IFRS
- Background within the audit industry and/or from a listed company are meriting
- High IT skills, primarily in the Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Fluent English and Swedish in speech and writing
Our offerMilDef is on an exciting growth journey, expanding the business worldwide. Join in and become a key player in building the organization and the internal processes!
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.