Financial Quality & Assurance Leader
Do you have experience within statutory audit from large companies as well as leadership experience?
We are looking for a highly motivated leader to our Financial Quality and Assurance team. In this position you will lead a highly qualified team that work with a variety of tasks within IFRS, financial reporting and internal control on a Nordic level.
The FQA Leader’s main objective is to support the business in financial treatment of new products, investments, and valuations. In addition, the role is responsible for delivering accurate and timely representation of the bank’s financial performance in accordance with laws and regulations, as well as maintain the SOX framework for the bank.
The FQA Leader is an important partner for the Head of Accounting Control in committees such as procurement committees and financial risk committees. The role also entails close cooperation with the other leaders in Accounting Control, as well as in other Santander functions including HQ.
The role will be part of the Accounting Control leadership team which will be responsible for coordinating and leading Accounting Control which includes risk assessments, prioritization, compliance and continuous improvements of common finance operating model.
Areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for the statutory audit of the Bank.
- Responsible for following up internal and external audits
- Responsible for following up internal control for Financial Control and Bank (SOX).
- Responsible for supporting the Bank in accounting- and reporting matters
- Responsible for accounting and reporting related policies.
- Responsible for tax and VAT calculations and reporting for SCB AS, including its branches and subsidiaries.
- Ensure continuous development of relevant process’ (e.g tax calculations reporting etc), including process and deadlines, and working closely together with several group functions on the content.
- Analytical reviews to Business partners in the organization.
- Personnel responsibility for the employees in FQA.
- Part of the Accounting Control Leader team.
- Financial Quality assurance for the bank.
- Responsible for the monthly and yearly tax reporting for the Bank.
- Timely delivery on solving tax and accounting issues.
- Analytical reviews.
- Drive improvements, standardization, efficiency, and effectiveness in processes.
- Maintenance and monitoring of the Nordic chart of accounts.
- Quality assurance of balance sheet reconciliations in all countries.
- Master Degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting, state-authorized public accountant is an advantage.
- Experience within statutory audit from large companies.
- Leadership experience, with strong ability to lead and prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally.
- Bank regulatory and accounting experience a preference.
- Experience with VAT/tax calculation and reporting is an advantage.
- Strong ability to lead, prioritize and work independently, take initiative & drive forward.
- Organized, structured, result oriented.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple and logical manner.
- Inquisitive and analytical mindset.
- Enjoys driving change and improvement of initiatives.
- Thrives in a dynamic and changing environment. Positive can do-mindset.
- Good knowledge of the regulatory framework of IFRS.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Fluent in English (verbal & written).
- Solid knowledge of internal control.
What we offer
- An opportunity to work in a large, high-performing international company, in a dynamic environment that is constantly changing
- A corporate culture that is professional and dynamic, yet informal. Bureaucracy is kept to a minimum, as we expect our skilled employees to make long lasting and impactful decisions to shape our future
- Highly competent, dedicated, and friendly co-workers with strong collaboration across the Nordics
If you have questions related to the position, you are welcome to contact Partner Johannes Westersø in Capus on 95 17 91 69. To be considered for the position, you must apply via the link “Søk her”. You must then fill in a short form with personal details, as well as upload the application and CV.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.