Senior Sales Manager
Do you know that shipping emissions continue to increase exceeding one billion tons of CO2 each year? The time to act is now. Do you want to embrace an opportunity to change course and steer towards zero emissions? We at Yara Marine Technologies reinforce our commitment and stand ready to help the industry ...
The Senior Sales Manager has the overall responsibility for sales in a designated geographical area and/or defined customers, with priority for prospecting and developing business with new customers. Main responsibilities are:
- Managing all sales and marketing activities of the business worldwide. This involves taking responsibility for order intake, revenues, profit and target achievements
- Responsibility for sales targets for all products, setting budget and deliver accordingly
- Developing and maintaining sustainable relationships with major customers to secure and grow sales
- Contributing to the definition and execution of the growth strategy for the entire business to include key markets, new business opportunity identification and the application of existing products and solutions to new markets
- Responsible for customer meetings, follow-up, and other activities for the defined area of responsibility
- Prepare sales quotations and contract proposals to customers based on YMT templates and standard supporting documentation and in alignment with relevant departments in YMT organization
- Ensure a qualitative handover to project execution
- Participate in relevant trade fairs, conferences etc., aligned with Marketing plans and strategies
- Contribute to Sales and Marketing Strategies, create and implement strategies and activity plans within the defined sales responsibility
- Identify and propose improvements within the Sales & Marketing area; participate in implementing required changes and improvements
- Provide required data for customer database / CRM, sales statistics and company commercial and financial reporting. Give input to Sales Statistics Database
- Support execution of customer satisfaction surveys, evaluate, take relevant actions according to the survey result in order to improve
- Training and education of Sales Employees/Engineers
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in relevant subject, may be compensated by extensive experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience from shipping industry, preferably as equipment supplier or from shipowner/shipyard side
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with (technical) sales and negotiating contracts exceeding 3 MEUR value
- Experience from contract negotiations with customers in Norway, Europe, US and/or Asia; demonstrated ability to work with different cultures
- Fluency in English (written and oral) and a Scandinavian language is required. Other languages advantageous.
- Established extensive professional network in shipping and maritime sector in Norway (shipowners, operators, shipyards, ports, suppliers etc.)
- Some formal commercial background advantageous
As a person, you have good social skills and a strong collaborative mindset. You enjoy working in an environment where you get the chance to influence with your drive and energy to develop the organization forward. Furthermore, you have a commercial mindset and are passionate about sales and customer relations.
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to be part of a market leading global company in front of green technology for ships. An open and inspiring environment where your energy will make a difference. We provide great potential for personal and professional development.
Main work location is Oslo, and the position will require extensive travelling to international destinations.
Let’s make the world a more sustainable place! We welcome your application as soon as possible; selection is done continuously.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.