Lead Engineer Frontend
Do you have experience with leading software development teams and want to be in front of developing Handelsbanken´s new digital unit?
Handelsbanken establishes a new unit: A modern, digital organization, having ambitions to build digital-first mobile and web banking applications for the retail banking market. To succeed with this, we need an experienced Lead Engineer focused on frontend technologies to help ship the product and define the culture of the new digital unit. Are you the one we are looking for?
We have ambitious goals, fast pace, lots of energy and knowledge of what this means in terms of investments and willingness to change. This is a newly created position which gives you freedom to shape the culture and the position to a large extent. You will be part of the extended management team and have a key role in the company, with a particular responsibility for leading, shaping and expanding the technological direction and team.
As Lead Engineer Frontend, you will have the main responsibility for technology choices and ensuring timely and high-quality delivery. You will define and evolve coding standards, test strategy and review processes, as well as define, implement, and test integrations into existing core banking system. You will ensure alignment across 4-6 agile, cross-functional teams of backend and frontend engineers, product owners, and designers. You will work closely with the Chief Architect and other Tech Leads, as well as the Product Manager, to define, prioritize, and deliver on the product backlog.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience leading software development teams, defining development process, and technology choices
- Preferably experience leading technology across several teams
- Hands-on experience building react native mobile applications and progressive web apps based on react
- Experience defining interface contracts and integrating REST APIs
- Proficiency setting up end-to-end testing
- Experience in a cross-functional, full-stack setup, managing end-to-end feature Delivery
- Experience in Banking, Payments, or similar regulated financial service environments
- 8+ year previous experience in hands-on frontend developer roles, 2+ years in technical lead roles
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Be a part of the most ambitious and exciting digital project in the Nordic banking industry
- Build a full-fledged banking solution at Neobank speed
- Create a highly attractive professional environment that stays at the forefront of digital development in the industry
- Have the flexibility to apply start-up methodology and speed in a corporate, regulated environment
- You will get a lot of responsibility and will be an important member of the extended management team
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits package with great employee schemes for banking, loans, pensions, and insurance
- Spacious office in central Oslo (Vika), 5 minutes from Nationaltheatret
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.