The energy transition requires large investments in renewable energy projects. Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) is seeking a dedicated Asset Manager in the Renewable Energy Infrastructure team. The role offers the right person a unique opportunity to be part of building up a portfolio in this exciting asset class.
The team is an integral part of NBIM’s Real Assets investment area and is responsible for the build-up of the NBIM portfolio of unlisted investments in renewable energy infrastructure assets. This is a new and growing asset class for NBIM with a current investment mandate of up to 120 billion kroner. The investment strategy will initially focus on wind and solar assets in Europe and the US.
You will be a key part of the investment team for Renewable Energy Infrastructure. You will be the main contact for our investment partners for ongoing management of the investments, focusing on performance, business plans, budgets and financial reporting. You will also prepare presentations and provide support to board meetings and interact with other internal departments in NBIM and external advisors.
You will work in a high-performing investment team and be the key liaison towards internal operations and finance teams. You will gain in-depth knowledge of renewable energy through the role, which is a unique opportunity to build a long term-career within the industry.
The position is based in Oslo and some travel will be required. You will report to the Global Head of Renewable Infrastructure.
What you will do
- Responsible for ongoing management and reporting of investments.
- Coordinate interactions between NBIM, joint venture partners and external advisors with regards to managing of investments and addressing ad-hoc topics.
- Follow up holding and joint ventures entities.
- Prepare and review business plans and corporate budgets.
- Review and analyze financial data from existing investments, including financial statements.
- Monitor performance of the assets by analysing operational data and performance against financial model (productions figures, O&M, valuation).
- Review materials from the projects for internal investment committees and boards.
- Lead operational due diligence and funding mechanism and contribute in closing process of transactions.
- Act as single point of contact after closing of transactions for onboarding the investments and post-close items.
What you need
- University degree with strong academic records.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably from an international environment asset management, external audit or business controlling.
- Accounting skills including being familiar with IFRS and transaction related topics such as completion mechanisms.
- Experience with renewable energy assets and database capabilities (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, SQL, Snowflake) will be considered an advantage
- Strong communicator in English.
- Skills and ability to synthesize complex matters effectively and concisely.
Who you are
You have a key interest in renewable energy and financial transaction processes. We think you are an empathic and an experienced collaborator with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You have high levels of integrity, emotional intelligence, a curious and open mindset.
You enjoy nurturing strong stakeholder relationships, is intellectually curious and has an international mindset and is not afraid of taking the initiative.
What we offer
Norges Bank Investment Management offers a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Our core values of excellence, innovation, integrity, and team spirit underpin our culture and how we operate across all our offices. Our organisation is grounded in trust, high ethical standards, a flat hierarchy, and diversity. We aim to increase the share of women to exceed or match the industry average across all functions. Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all employees.
Perks and benefits
We offer everyone at the fund competitive pay, an engaging work environment, and an opportunity for personal growth and development. In addition, you can look forward to:
- Work with purpose - Through responsible investment and active ownership, we work to safeguard and build financial wealth for future generations.
- Learning budget – Being the best requires continuous improvement. In the fund, you’ll get support to take courses and certifications to stay inspired and learn new skills.
- Keep it healthy – In addition to in-house gym, basketball court, and squash court, we have multiple sports clubs and offer discounts on gym memberships and stores.
- Out of office – When you’re taking time off, we provide access to holiday facilities in Norway and abroad, for you and your family. Find your charging station and come back energised!
- Moving places – Moving to a new home can be both stressful and time consuming. As part of Norges Bank, we offer home and consumer loans to all our employees to make the transition easier.
- Staying safe – We take the safety of our employees extremely serious. That’s why everyone is offered a comprehensive life and disability insurance plan, so you can relax and focus on what matters!
Are you interested?
We would love to hear from you! You can apply through the link in this ad, that will take you to the application form in our recruitment system. Applications will be reviewed consecutively throughout the application period.
Do you have questions about the role or the team? Please contact our external search partners from Capus, Johannes Westersø (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jenny Conradi (email@example.com).
Employment with Norges Bank is conditional on approved security check in accordance with Norges Bank’s rules, which may include criminal background and credit checks, and approved verification of employment history and academic records.
Application close at 23:59 CET
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.