As a Barclays Development Lead you will be expected to lead delivery on numerous business initiatives for banking IT in the digital transformation space. You will have an opportunity to drive, build and develop specific features in the reporting and productivity tools workstream. You will be responsible ...
As a Barclays Development Lead you will be expected to lead delivery on numerous business initiatives for banking IT in the digital transformation space. You will have an opportunity to drive, build and develop specific features in the reporting and productivity tools workstream. You will be responsible for strengthening, structuring and growing existing teams globally and will lead software engineering teams.Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
Popis Pracovní Pozice
What will you be doing?
- Leading application development in collaboration with the global Banking IT team
- Involving with the team in designing and developing solution leveraging technologies such as C# .Net , Java , Spring, Angular and Salesforce
- Driving technical change, mentor on/off-shore junior developers, and code review
- Involving into troubleshooting issues coming in non-prod and prod environment
- Delivering solutions within a DevOps environment with a focus on automation of testing, deployment integrate with DevOps pipeline tools and test automation frameworks
- Collaborating with business users, business analysts, and Development and QA teams
- Building supportive relationships and trust with global Banking IT team, as well as other technology teams
- Leading analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the architecture of the transaction cycle
What we’re looking for:
- Several years of technology/ app dev engineering roles with deep exposure to server side technologies and client side responsive frameworks
- Experiences of leading small or medium size software engineering teams within Banking financial organizations
- Ability to transcend from component to application to enterprise design and architecture
- Understanding of client side development for web using responsive frameworks, RDBMS, memory databases and AWS
- C# .Net for MS Office Automation
- Java, Spring MVC/REST/AOP, Spring Boot, Messaging, JDBC, Multi-Threading, Task Executors
- SOLR, Redis, Elastic Search, C# .Net and Apache Spark
- Working with UI Angular 2.0 / CSS3, SQL Server Development – DDL, DML, Stored Procs, Triggers, Batch, Salesforce Development – Apex, SOQL, SOSL and AWS & Salesforce Cloud
Barclays pay and benefits package is designed to reward our employees for their drive, commitment and performance. We offer a competitive salary and paid holiday, private health care, pension contributions, discretionary annual bonus, meal vouchers, and the opportunity to buy Barclays shares and receive a Barclays contribution.Additionally, you have the flexibility and choice to create a benefits package that’s individual to you. Barclays colleagues can also take advantage of a wide choice of voluntary benefits, with discounts and tax advantages on many of them.Working Environment Barclays Prague is a close, friendly and supportive community. Not just because we are a community of technologists, although that’s obviously central to our culture. We enjoying spending time with each other, and the atmosphere is very relaxed and not corporate – we see no need for suits or silos. We find many ways to enjoy our time together, in and out of the office – from sports and games to parties, volunteering and hackathons. We’re a very diverse team, and people feel appreciated for who they are. We work together, play together and are stronger together.Barclays understand how important it is to balance work with life commitments. That’s why dynamic working was created to help our colleagues achieve an optimal work-life balance. It is an innovative way of thinking and approaching working arrangement, a model that supports a high-performance, high-trust culture focusing on how you perform and not how many hours you spend in the office.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.