Expert Risk Assessment - Human Toxicology
Triskelion is an internationally orientated contract research organization with innovative services in the Chemistry, Food, Feed, and Pharma sectors. We improve and safeguard the health and well-being of people by ensuring the quality, safety and functioning of food, medicines and chemical products. Through personal involvement, high quality research and professional advice, we support our customers in the development of products that contribute to a better quality of life.
The business unit Regulatory Services offers industry and authorities the expertise needed to guarantee the safety of industrial chemicals, biocides and plant protection products for humans and the environment. In this field we focus on providing support in challenging non-standard projects.
To strengthen the business unit, we are looking for an enthusiastic colleague for assessing safety and risks of chemicals, biocides and plant protection products for Triskelion.
You will join a professional, informal organization with an open culture, where people are strongly committed to taking initiative and personal responsibility. The customer focus combined with high-end scientific insight and knowledge of relevant laws and regulations ensure our unique positioning in the market.
Within this position you will have a large variety in tasks;
- Advise customers on registration strategy for their chemicals and biocides;
- Literature search and processing of data;
- Prepare (parts of) dossiers in scope of REACH, BPR and PPPR;
- Hazard assessment (Classification and Labelling, DNEL derivation, CMR assessment) with regard to human toxicology;
- Explore and evaluate opportunities for read-across;
- Prepare expert statements;
- Use toxicokinetics information to support risk assessments;
- Report results to colleagues and customers;
- Keep track of relevant developments in REACH, biocides and plant protection product regulations;
- Build on customer relationships and write project proposals together with project managers.
- Academic working and thinking level, for example by PhD or MSc in toxicology, biomedical / health sciences preferably combined with 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of and experience with tools required for REACH, Biocides and Plant Protection Product dossier preparation and risk assessment;
- Accurate, initiative-rich and problem-solving;
- Used to work under time pressure related to regulatory deadlines;
- Positive, energetic attitude and able to inspire teammates as well as to work independently;
- Good written and oral expression skills in the English and preferably also Dutch language;
- Extensive experience with Excel spreadsheets and formulas (including VBA) is a pre.
- Challenging projects with various (inter)national clients;
- Opportunities to develop (further) as an expert in the field of Human Toxicology and Risk Assessment;
- A collegial and informal working atmosphere;
- A full-time position. Part-time fulfillment with a minimum of 32 hours is negotiable;
- Flexible secondary conditions of employment including 33 days off and a 13th months’ salary;
- Salary indication of EUR 3.300 – 4.500, which depends on your experience and knowledge.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.