Monitoring and Performance Specialist
We are looking for a Monitoring and Performance Specialist for the Amsterdam based HQ of an international fashion company.
Do you have experience managing and connecting various monitoring tools and can you make sure all critical and non-critical systems, applications and networks are always up and running? Then get in touch with me now!
As Monitoring Specialist you will work on a wide variety of tasks, all centered around monitoring tools and platforms that enable the optimal operation of all systems. Among your daily tasks:
- Performing checks to make sure all is up and running and health checks to make sure the monitoring tools are healthy and working;
- Collecting the metrics and making sure they are correct and accurate;
- Connecting multiple monitoring systems together to centralize the information and display them from a single source of truth.
- Looking into interfacing with ticketing systems;
- Automating solutions when requested and possible.
The team plays an active part in analyzing needs and requirements, and translate those into a design for an optimized solution. This requires working with internal tech and non-tech departments, and also with external parties. After the implementation of the monitoring solution the team assists in understanding and analysing the data when possible.
The technical support required for solving issues that result from the monitoring process is provided by the relevant (internal or external) parties, so this is NOT the responsibility for this team. However, the team does provide (real time) insight and overview of this process.A wide range of solutions and technologies is used, such as:
- Cisco Meraki;
- Cisco Cohesity;
- Dynatrace SAAS;
- Splunk Enterprise - including several applications and modules;
- NetApp, Pure Storage;
- VMWARE ESX
The Monitoring Specialist we are looking for has vast experience as system specialist and understands the dynamics of a constantly changing IT landscape. You should ideally bring the following:
- BSc level of working;
- Experience with the Dynatrace SAAS platform (or similar such as New Relic or App Dynamics);
- Experience with the Splunk Enterprise platform;
- Experience with scripting languages, e.g. PowerShell, Shell Scripting, Splunk Query Language;
- A clear understanding of the monitoring concept and importance;
- Affinity with monitoring software and how they can work together;
- A good understanding of network topologies and how these components interact.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.