Energy Consultant Offshore-duplicaat
We're looking for an experienced consultant in the area of Underground and Submarine Power Cables to strengthen an Energy Advisory and Asset Management team in Arnhem.
Are you the experienced engineer with knowledge of offshore power cables for the construction of wind farms and inter connectors? Then we would like to get in touch with you!
As a Smart Cable Consultant you will be part of the energy team. This team has a consulting role regards the increasing demand of electricity through electrification and the ever-growing supply of renewables, requires a reliable and low-cost Transmission and Distribution (T&D) system and market facilitation. Your team provides expertise to stakeholders in the energy value chain. Our services span grid asset management, digital grid operations, efficient grid development and future energy markets. Your clients will be project developers, manufacturers, insurers or other parties dealing with high voltage AC or DC power cable systems.
You will get the opportunity to provide engineering and consultancy services to customers in the utility industry worldwide. Your home office will be in Arnhem, The Netherlands. At the same the assignment is international in nature, and often in cooperation with other offices. Some travel will therefore be necessary.
The overall purpose and mission of the job is to help the organisation to safeguard life, property and the environment and achieve the following vision: To be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations.
Role & Key Responsibilities
Your responsibility is the installation of windfarms and interconnectors, where underground power cables and submarine power cables play a crucial role. Items that are being handled vary from quality related aspects to failure analysis. In your role as a Senior Consultant Underground and Submarine Power Cables you will be part of the Asset Management team and have the following key responsibilities:
- You will have customer contact and help our clients achieve sustainable, world-class asset management processes and performance.
- You will provide engineering and consultancy services to customers in the utility industry worldwide.
- You will manage projects and be responsible for the execution and acquisition of projects in the field of power cables.
To qualify you must have the following essential skills:
- You have an academic degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Strong skills and knowledge of power cables
- Solid experience in Underground and/or Submarine Power Cables projects
- Strong skills and capabilities in power cable engineering, design and quality assurance
- Your English language skills are strong, verbal and in writing, Dutch is preferred
- You are willing to travel (inter)nationally on a regular basis.
Key competencies, skills, and personal attributes:
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations with customers such as grid operators, power plants and industries
- Knowledge of the most recent IEC standards and CIGRE guidelines
- Knowhow on the technical consequences of a business decision as well as the business consequences of a technical decision
- Ability to lead (inter)national projects and function as a trusted partner of our customers
- Have a growing professional network in the energy industry.
A challenging, varied and responsible job is offered in a dynamic and international environment with a competitive salary between € 65k and € 85k per year, depending on knowledge and experience.
You are part of a professional team in a leading position worldwide, you carry out projects for Dutch and Belgian clients in collaboration with offices in the Middle East and Asia.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.