Project Manager Food Contact Materials
To strengthen the Food Contact Materials department, we are looking for an enthusiastic colleague for assessing the safety of substances in food contact materials (FCM). Triskelion offers the chemicals and packaging industry all the expertise needed to guarantee the safety of food contact materials for consumers.
Ducares – trading as Triskelion is an internationally orientated contract research organization with innovative services. We improve and safeguard the health and well-being of people by ensuring the quality, safety and functioning of food, medicines and chemical products. Through personal involvement, high quality research and professional advice, we support our customers in the development of products that contribute to a better quality of life.
We are a commercial contract and research laboratory (CRO) active in the Food, Feed, Pharma and Chemistry sectors. With over 100 colleagues, we help customers to guarantee the integrity and safety of their products and services. We focus in particular on analyzing and predicting the behavior of substances and their influence on human, animal and environmental health. In addition to guaranteeing the authenticity and suitability of various raw materials and products for the various branches, we also test products for the presence of prohibited substances.
You will join a professional, informal organization with an open culture, where people are strongly committed to taking initiative and personal responsibility. The customer focus combined with an extensive analysis portfolio and knowledge of relevant laws and regulations ensure a unique positioning in the market.
As a Project Manager Food Contact Materials, you will be responsible for the following:
- Translating customers’ questions into a suitable project proposal, by applying your knowledge of FCM legislation and chemical analysis;
- Evaluating the composition of food contact materials based on national, European and US legislation;
- Supervising analytical chemical laboratory work, including migration studies, screening for oligomers and NIAS, interpreting results, and reporting these in a suitable manner;
- Communicating effectively with customers about the content and progress of projects;
- Expanding our network in the food contact materials market and contributing to the acquisition of new projects;
- Keeping up with developments in legislation in the field of food contact materials and packaging. Identify new opportunities with regard to emerging issues in the packaging market and utilize them, for example, by writing opinions and giving presentations;
- Managing analysts and collaborating with other analytical chemists, as in many projects method development using the latest analysis techniques is crucial for the success of the project.
- Academic (at least MSc) working and thinking level, for example by training in (analytical) chemistry, biomedical / health sciences, food & health studies, with at least 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Demonstrable affinity with regulatory work in the context of materials or chemicals. Knowledge of and experience with legislation concerning food contact materials (including EU 10/2011, FDA, Dutch Warenwet, BfR) is an asset;
- Experience with analytical chemical techniques such as GC(-MS) and LC(-MS);
- Accurate, taking initiative with a problem-solving attitude. • Used to work under time pressure related to regulatory deadlines;
- Positive, energetic attitude and able to inspire teammates as well as to work independently. • Good written and oral expression skills in the English and Dutch language.
- Challenging projects with various international companies;
- Opportunities to develop as an expert in the field of food contact materials;
- A collegial and informal working atmosphere;
- A high-quality service environment;
- A full-time position. Part-time fulfillment with a minimum of 32 hours is negotiable.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.