Finance Manager - Hospitality-duplicaat
As the Business Controller of this hotel group you will work together with the General Managers of the hotels and the EMEA Headquarters to improve the business and profitability of 3 branded properties in Gent. With the analysis you make you will report and present the financial state of the hotels and deliver managementinformation to oversee the operational financial aspects of the hotels.Are you someone who is analytically strong and enjoys working in a vibrant environment? Then I would love to get in touch with you!
- Uses financial analysis, data trends and market information to anticipate needs, identifies operating/financial issues, and recommends actions to maximize financial return;
- Creates the annual operating budget for the portfolio and provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for department heads;
- Analyses ROI for capital projects prior to committing funds and, upon completion, determines if anticipated results were achieved;
- Manage & Maximise cash flow performance of the hotels through controls on inventory (avoid excessive supply), credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances;
- Maximises profitability of hotels through benchmarking/best practices and ensures sound controls and accounting standards are in place as per company Policy & Procedures to safeguard return to the owners, tested through ICQ completion;
- Manages day-to-day accounting activities, plans and assigns work, and establishes performance and development goals for team members. Provides mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improves team member performance, and recognises good performance;
- Educates and motivates hotel & cluster teams to achieve portfolio revenue goals. Ensures staff has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties. Provides direction to hotel employees on how decision-making impacts profits;
- Participate in the hotel forecasting process supporting the forecast of payroll and expenses as well as reviewing and challenging the revenue forecast as appropriate;
- Ensuring that balance sheet accounts for which the hotel is responsible for are correctly reconciled and fully detailed (included relevant backup) on a quarterly basis (minimum).
What a day in the life looks like:
As the business controller you will collaborate with the Hotel General Managers and the HQ team to oversee the financial operations of the properties in Ghent. This includes preparing budgets and forecasts, cost control and financial planning. You will be overseeing the organization’s financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
At the hotel level, you will be responsible for ensuring the security of hotel assets, reporting & presenting the financial state of the hotels to the General managers of the hotels, management company & the owners. You will also provide recommendations to improve hotel profitability.
As the primary contact for all financial and accounting matters, you will liaise with owners & the hotel group, to contribute to a good cooperation and flow of information towards these stakeholders.
This position sounds like a big responsibility and it is. Therefore, we expect the following skills from you:
- At least 3 years experience working in a similar role, preferably in Hospitality;
- Bachelor or Master degree in Business or Finance;
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance, budgeting and accounting processes and regulations;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing a team;
- Knowledge in Opera/ Micros & Business central (Dynamics) would be advantageous;
- Strong communication skills in English. Dutch is beneficial
A salary is offered depending on the knowledge and experience that you bring, this is around € 5000 gross per month. Furthermore, they offer you:
- Company car with fuel card;
- DKV hospitalisation insurance;
- Group insurance;
- Daily meal vouchers;
- Hotel discounts with staff rates worldwide.
How we'll proceed. Within four working days we will let you know if you qualify for the position. We will schedule an introductory interview, either digitally or in-person. During this interview we will inform you as fully as possible about the vacancy, the company and the following steps in the procedure. After consulting with you, we will introduce you to our client and then continue to guide you through the application process. The Independent Recruiters Group has a large team of specialized recruiters. Each recruiter has a strong focus on their own area of expertise. This makes them the ideal sparring partner for both the candidate and the client.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.