Manager Automation & Engineering Pharma
Are you an enthusiastic and dedicated (senior) Manager Automation & Engineering with broad experience in the pharma or related industry?
Want to be directly involved in the fight against major global diseases? Do you see yourself working in a international pharmaceutical organization in Leiden? Can you lead a team of highly qualified engineers/technicians to take them to the next level and take ownership for the broader organization?
Please, keep on reading or let's get in contact!
As Manager Engineering & Automation (E&A), you will lead a team of highly qualified engineers/technicians within the department. The Manager E&A gets the best out of his or her people and is responsible to deliver high-quality within the complexity and dynamics of a research and development organization. As MT member you lead the department to develop to the next level and take ownership for the broader organization.
You will work closely with the other team leads and internal partners in order maintain the department’s right to provide engineering/automation services to the business and enable excellence in a safe, high quality and continuously improving R&D organization.
You will further build on the organization. They are in the process of shaping their engineering portfolio management process to fulfill the increased business demands and focus is on creating sustainable automation group to better support the business needs from an automation perspective. You will play a crucial role in this exiting journey.
As Manager Engineering & Automation, you will be responsible for:
- As a people manager, ensuring that there is a stable team with a positive constructive atmosphere. You motivate, coach, and support your employees to get the best out of your team.
- Performing people management task e.g., holds the "5 conversations, recruitment and selection, absenteeism guidance, coaching, propagating the CREDO values.
- Managing project portfolio (e.g.: End Of Life projects of technical systems (HVAC, production/lab equipment, water/gas systems, etc.), lab/clean room refurbishments, technical feasibility studies) in such a way that projects are completed on-time, within budget and in accordance with the required quality.
- Taking the lead in setting up the annual Capex budget and controlling it throughout the year.
- Setting priorities and aligning them with the departments involved, constantly assessing, and improving the efficiency of the processes and the team, so that the technical assets and the resources are optimally utilized.
- Defining team objectives, translating them into activities and responsibility to achieve the overall results of those activities.
- Executing the activities within the E&A team, according to the set standards (cGMP, EHSS, Process Excellence) and continuously improving it.
- Improving the department by using PE tools, Project management tools, and departmental goal setting.
- Ensuring sufficient training (regulatory requirements, process excellence, etc.) and occupation of the team members.
Specific Knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in engineering, biotechnology, automation (or equivalent education)
- Minimal 10 years of experience in engineering/automation environment with extensive people management experience.
- Proven organizational, managerial capacities and demonstrated flexibility to respond to changes in the external and internal environments.
- Proven knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing, current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and regulations is preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Good command of English in word and writing.
- Experience with Lean methodology.
You MUST be a EU citizen or have a permanent visa. Relocation costs are not being covered.
- A salary range between 85 - 95K gross a year (based on education and working experience);
- A full-time contract with flexible working hours;
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader;
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment, including operating globally;
- Opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments;
- Possibilities for further personal and professional development/education;
- Excellent benefits.
What are the next steps? We will let you know within four working days whether you qualify for the position. We schedule an introductory meeting, via phone, digitally or live. In this interview we inform you as fully as possible about the vacancy, the company and the next steps in the procedure. In consultation with you, we introduce you to our client and then continue to guide you through the application process. The Independent Recruiters Group has a large team of specialized recruiters. Every recruiter has a very strong focus on his own field. This makes them the ideal sparring partner for both the candidate and the client.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.