Senior Manager Engineering & Design - Pharma
Are you an enthusiastic and dedicated Senior Manager Engineering & Design with broad experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry?
Want to be directly involved in the fight against major global diseases? Do you see yourself working in an international pharmaceutical organization in Brussels? Can you lead a team of highly qualified engineers and SME's to take them to the next level and take ownership for the broader organization?
Please, keep on reading or let's get in contact!
As the Senior Manager Engineering & Design you are going to be accountable for leading complex capital projects related to engineering and design activities in alignment with the company's business objectives and E&PS Project Delivery Practices. This will have a strong focus on Advanced Therapies (Cell and Gene Therapy) and Bulk Biologics (monoclonal antibodies) including support (Media, Buffer, CIP) and clean utilities (Purified Water, Water for Injection).
- Accountable for providing technical direction, coordination and alignment of process systems for complex projects in alignment with Subject Matter Experts.
- Responsible for defining, identifying and securing appropriate tools, internal and external technical resources and coordinating the efforts of technical team members and third-party design firms or consultants to deliver the infrastructure aspects of projects according to plan.
- Participate in setting project operational strategies, work on completing project focused goals and objectives, and focus on personal and team talent development to enable execution of activities within the Global and Regional E&D function.
For this role you need to have proven experience working with Advanced Therapy and Bulk Biologics Manufacturing facilities and systems. The candidate will need a strong background in design of these types of facilities. Experience with Biosafety Level 2 and 2+ design is also a plus.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required, Master’s degree in Engineering or Business or related field preferred;
- Minimum of 12 years of related experience in engineering, operations and/or asset management activities required;
- Experience in engineering management required;
- Ability to develop appropriate metrics for engineering performance and set up plans to provide continuous improvement;
- Demonstrated history of collaboration across other functional areas to establish effective working relationships;
- Expertise delivering complex projects/programs on schedule and budget working with project teams;
- Experience with delivering large complex capital projects (>$100MM);
- Strong business acumen and relationship building skills;
- Proven experience to effectively partner and deliver results in a matrix environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, French and/or Dutch would be a big bonus;
- Strong technical background in Plant and Clean utility systems;
You MUST be an EU citizen or have a permanent EU visa. Relocation costs are not being covered.
As this is a very demanding job with high expectations, the financial reward will also be accordingly. As an indication you can expect a base salary between 100k - max 120k gross a year. We like to tell you more in a personal meeting about extra's, such as allowances and a bonus system..
How we'll proceed. Within four working days we will let you know if you qualify for the position. We will schedule an introductory interview, either digitally or in-person. During this interview we will inform you as fully as possible about the vacancy, the company and the following steps in the procedure. After consulting with you, we will introduce you to our client and then continue to guide you through the application process. The Independent Recruiters Group has a large team of specialized recruiters. Each recruiter has a strong focus on their own area of expertise. This makes them the ideal sparring partner for both the candidate and the client.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.