Public Policy Manager
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over seven million accommodations and 50,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetise their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than 1.4 billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220+ countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world. For the Dutch market we are looking for a Public Policy Manager.
We are looking for a Public Policy Manager to support our campaigns. The person in this role needs to be a self starter and will be a key member of the multi-skilled campaign team, defining policy goals and positions, co-shaping and implementing the campaign team’s strategy as well as developing strategic partnerships. You will be working alongside other functional experts who support those goals through content, community engagement and media relations.
In this role you must be skilled in policy engagement with a wide variety of external stakeholders at national and regional but also at local level - able to work proactively with elected officials, governments as well as administrative bodies to help stakeholders understand the contribution of the collaborative economy to sustainable tourism.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about Airbnb’s mission, and have proven experience in regulatory, tax and political work in a relevant business or non-governmental organization, or in a political, governmental or regulatory context. Experience in tourism and housing will be a plus.
- Support the Regional Lead in developing political strategies and priorities, advise on local needs, plan relevant activities and design policy positions across these geographies;
- Identify partnership and alliance opportunities - new potential partners and partnerships programmes - work with partners to develop MOU’s, work with internal teams to deliver on partner MOU’s and maintain partner/stakeholder relationships;
- Establish new and maintain existing relationships with an extensive network of political contacts across the Netherlands
- Act as Airbnb’s representative in meetings with government and political stakeholders, in coalitions and collaborations to advance Airbnb’s advocacy initiatives, including crafting and negotiating language for legislation, drafting comments on administrative registrations, and authoring issue briefs and position papers;
- Advise Airbnb’s teams on public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies and manage the operational implementation of national and local policy proposals and legislative measures, working with colleagues in our legal and California-based product teams;
- Engage in research, writing and other activities to provide analysis and critical thinking on developments affecting Airbnb’s priorities;
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters and advise the company with respect to policy challenges:
- Manage the consultants who provide on-the-ground support, ensuring that they are properly briefed and engaging energetically on behalf of Airbnb in line with the agreed strategy;
- Flag local policy issues that may have broader regional implications, and work with colleagues elsewhere in Europe and in San Francisco to develop global solutions and approaches as required.
- At least seven years of direct experience working with complex political or regulatory issues in a relevant business or non-governmental organization, or in a political, governmental or regulatory context. Ideally, this experience has been built in travel, housing or technology.Excellent knowledge of the political landscape and legislative processes across the Middle East
- Proven ability to build and sustain networks of influence across a broad range of stakeholders;
- A tracked record of partnerships would be an advantage;
- Experience of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders. Highly organized and able to stay on top of multiple projects simultaneously;
- First-rate personal, political, analytical and organizational skills;
- Proven ability to establish networks within political stakeholder communities on local, regional and/or national level;
- An eye for detail - with an ability to very quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues;
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal, writing and presentation skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player in a multi-task work environment while producing the highest caliber work product in a timely manner;
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast moving and sometimes stressful environment;
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.