Project Manager Food Contact Materials
To strengthen the Food Contact Materials department, we are looking for an enthusiastic Project Manager for assessing the safety of substances in food contact materials (FCM).
Triskelion offers the chemicals and packaging industry all the expertise needed to guarantee the safety of food contact materials for consumers. You will join a professional, informal organization with an open culture, where people are strongly committed to taking initiative and personal responsibility. The customer focus combined with an extensive analysis portfolio and knowledge of relevant laws and regulations ensure a unique positioning in the market.
Are you interested? Send your application!
As a Project Manager Food Contact Materials, you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage your project portfolio: on time, within budget and of high quality, while building a good relationship with your customers as well as your project team;
- Translating customers’ questions into a suitable project proposal, by applying your knowledge of FCM legislation and chemical analysis;
- Evaluating the composition of food contact materials based on national, European and US legislation;
- Pro-actively supervising analytical chemical laboratory work, including migration studies, screening for oligomers and NIAS, interpreting results, and reporting these in a suitable manner;
- Communicating effectively with customers about the content and progress of projects;
- Expanding our network in the food contact materials market and contributing to the acquisition of new projects;
- Keeping up with developments in legislation in the field of food contact materials and packaging. Identify new opportunities with regard to emerging issues in the packaging market and utilize them, for example, by publishing opinions and giving external presentations;
- Managing analysts and collaborating with analytical scientists, as in many projects method development using the latest analysis techniques is crucial for the success of the project.
- Academic working and thinking level, for example a PhD/MSc in analytical or organic chemistry or material science, with at least 3 years of relevant work experience as project manager;
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience with analytical chemical techniques such as GC(-MS) and LC(-MS);
- Affinity with regulatory work in the context of materials or chemicals. Knowledge of and experience with legislation concerning food contact materials (including EU 10/2011, FDA, Dutch Warenwet, BfR) is an asset;
- Ability to switch easily between projects and comfortably working under time pressure to meet deadlines within budget;
- You are accurate and proactive and have excellent communication skills;
- Positive, energetic, social attitude and able to inspire colleagues as well as to work independently;
- Good written and oral expression skills in the English and Dutch language.
They offer you challenging projects with various (inter)national companies, giving you the opportunity for professional development, growth and recognition. You will work with a professional and dynamic team of experienced professionals in a state-of-the-art lab environment.They are located centrally and can easily be reached by public transport, car and bike. You will be rewarded with a 32-40 hour position with a good base salary, and flexible secondary conditions of employment including a good pension, 33 vacation days, 13th month, and 8% holiday allowance.
Triskelion is an internationally oriented contract research organization providing innovative laboratory and regulatory services. They improve and safeguard the health and well-being of people and animals by ensuring the quality, safety and efficacy of food, medicines and chemical products. Through personal commitment, high-quality research and professional advice, They support their customers in developing products that contribute to a better quality of life. TRISKELION is a company with around 90 employees and is based in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.