Commercial Manager Distributors - Africa
I am looking for a Commercial Manager with knowledge of the African market within the retail Industry.
The Commercial Manager Distributors is a key role within the EMEA Distributor Commercial Team. The Commercial Manager supports the Senior Manager to achieve the commercial goals for the Africa region (e.g. Egypt, South Africa, Nigeria, Mauritius) leading and working closely together with Distributor partners.
The office is based in The Netherlands with their HQ in Hoofddorp. Please get in touch if this is the job opportunity you are looking for!
Sales Optimization, Planning, Forecasting & Order Management:
- Execute Sales Strategy & 5-Year Business Plans, Annual Plans & Sales Targets;
- Manage Forecasting process with Distributors in a timely and accurate manner;
- Achieve assigned Revenue Targets, Product Margin and Gross Margin Targets;
- Actively sell Seasonal and At-Once Initiatives, closely monitoring performance;
- Ensure timely execution of monthly /quarter shipments, including invoicing.
- Ensure respective Distribution Agreements (and others) are in place;
- Develop regular/min. annual Market Mappings & White Space Analysis with Distributors;
- Unlock new markets (as appropriate) & new channel/wholesale door/E-Tail opportunities;
- Work closely with Distributors on Key Account Planning & Management.
Brand Positioning & Product Strategy Execution:
- Work closely with Merchandising to ensure Distributors execute Product Strategies;
- Identifying product opportunities that drive incremental revenue, aligned with MFP;
- Manage Distributors to closely align with Product Strategies, Segmentation, Must-Buys & Brand Positioning;
- Ensure Distributors execute according to Brand Guidelines across all 3 Distribution Channels (as appropriate) and through all appropriate Communication Channels.
- Deep understanding & experience in the Sports, Fashion, Lifestyle industry, as well as across respective Distributor Markets, including Distributors, Key Wholesale Accounts and E-Tailers;
- Be the expert - analyze & understand the market conditions - consumer / macro-economic / competitor - and provide regular feedback into Crocs organization;
- Support Distributors with Key Account Management, through providing tools – presentations, best-practices, guidelines, POS etc. – to ensure elevated and quality execution.
Distributor Relationship Management / Engagement:
- Build strong relationships at all levels of Distributor partnership;
- Drive appropriate Distributor engagement and feedback through Annual Planning meetings, Seasonal Sales / Go-To-Market (GTM) meetings, Quarterly report submissions and Forecasting Plans, ensuring elevated execution and quality of business in market;
- Regularly review Distributor Trade Terms, Credit Limits, Payment & Shipment Plans, as well as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) etc..
You bring with you:
- Bachelors’ Degree (or equivalent) in Business or International Management;
- Minimum 5 years of full-time experience in Sales or a Commercial role with an international brand that operates across multiple markets and channels (Wholesale, Retail, Digital/E-com);
- Experience and Knowledge of the African Market;
- Strong communication, negotiation & influence skills, at Management Level;
- Travel requirements: 25%.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.