Product Developer Fashion - Temporary
We are looking for a Product Developer for an international, well-known fashion brand with HQ in Amsterdam!
As Product developer you will be responsible for the product management from sketch until final product. You will attend key meetings (e.g. raw materials meeting, proto review, final price meeting, SMS review), and advise on possible improvements of product and margins, to handover for production. Moreover you will liaise with the design and merchandising departments to foster innovation and sustainability to ensure competitive price points.
Are you available for a new assignment starting ASAP until at least 29/09/2023 Then I would like to get in touch!
What your responsibilities will be:
- Liaising with the design department for initial sourcing initiatives (e.g. sourcing trips);
- Collaborating with textile agents to identify new fabric and trim- trends and ensure mills are briefed on new development requests;
- Advising the design department during development process regarding cost implications;
- Responsible for product management throughout the development process, by attending key meetings (e.g. raw materials meeting, proto review, final price meeting) and advising on possible improvements of product and margins;
- Collaborating with merchandising to set targets;
- Negotiating prices with Direct Vendors and Buying Office throughout the development and production process, ensuring margins are maintained for order quantities;
- Sending vendor requests for protos;
- Responsible for production process follow up by tracking and act on any production issues with the objective to ensure quality and timeliness of the product;
- Involved in risk assessment and assignment of care labels, collaborating with Central Quality Assurance regarding any quality issues;
We are looking for the following background:
- 4-7 years of experience in product development;
- A bachelor/ master’s degree in fashion, clothing or textiles or equivalent experience in fashion, clothing or textiles industry;
- Product knowledge of apparel preferably within relevant category including PD process;
- Knowledge in fabrics/trims quality and color approval;
- Effective communication skills;
- Problem solving;
- Able to work in a highly productive, fast paced environment with a hands-on approach
A competitive salary will be offered in accordance with your experience and knowledge.
How we'll proceed. Within four working days we will let you know if you qualify for the position. We will schedule an introductory interview, either digitally or in-person. During this interview we will inform you as fully as possible about the vacancy, the company and the following steps in the procedure. After consulting with you, we will introduce you to our client and then continue to guide you through the application process. The Independent Recruiters Group has a large team of specialized recruiters. Each recruiter has a strong focus on their own area of expertise. This makes them the ideal sparring partner for both the candidate and the client.
Apply for this job
Does this job fit your talents and seem right for you? Don't hesitate to apply online now.